Med-Scribe, Inc. recruits great staff for top-notch firms! This is a fantastic temporary opportunity that will allow you to earn some extra cash just in time for the holiday season, as well as adding valuable experience to your portfolio!
Med-Scribe, Inc. is seeking a reliable, task-oriented, and self-directed candidate for an administrative level position. This position is anticipated to last approximately 12-16 weeks!
Our client blends both legal and medical arenas in the service of our country through federal and state government contracts. In this role, your primary job duties will be processing all incoming medical records and examining the case files to ensure all relevant information has been submitted. You will be responsible for contacting the appropriate parties for further documentation/clarification if needed, and ensure the cases are being assigned to the appropriate reviewer.
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Salary: Paid hourly package: $22.45/hour (Hourly wage: $17.97/hour + Fringe Benefit: $4.48/hour)
- High school diploma or GED Required, Associates degree or higher from an accredited college or university preferred
- At least 1 year of experience working in medical review environment preferred
- At least 2 years’ experience working in healthcare or legal-related field preferred
- Experience with Workers Compensation or Medicare Regulations, guidelines and coverage issues preferred.
- Experience handling inquiries, complaints, and issues
- Experience with medical necessity or UR determinations at any level within healthcare preferred
- Knowledge of scope of practices for all types of medical professionals
- Competent problem-solving and analysis skills
- Computer literacy with knowledge of MS outlook, word processing and spreadsheet software
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment
- Ability to successfully execute many complex tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work as a team member, as well as independently with minimal supervisor
- Ethical conduct and strategic thinking abilities
If you meet the qualifications and are interested in this position, please submit an online application, referencing the job number 911199.
Med-Scribe, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.