Med-Scribe, Inc. has been providing staffing services throughout NYS for over 31 years! We recruit top talent for health care related opportunities. Never any fees for applicants! Let us assist you!
This is an exciting opportunity to take your medical insurance/claims experience to the next level! If you perform best in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment, you may be the perfect candidate for this position!
As an Appeals Coordinator you will facilitate the administration of insurance appeals after a denial. This position spans the insurance, legal, and medical arenas. This is a temp to hire opportunity.
In this role your primary duties will include:
- Reviewing case files, including medical records, to triage between medical and technical issues
- Making determinations in accordance with Medicare rules
- Ensuring all issues in the case are addressed
- Conducting research on coverage rules as needed
- Creating concise, thorough reconsideration decision letters to explain Medicare coverage policies and decisions in a manner consistent with the client requirements, identifying all appropriate recipients of the letter.
- Performing other duties as assigned by leadership
Your attention to detail, above average communication skills, and strong organizational skills will help you excel in this role.
Days and Hours: Full time, Monday through Friday, with flexibility after training to work an 8 hour shift between the hours of 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM.
Salary: $18.27/hour, benefits available.
- Associates degree required.
- Two or more years related work experience in a Medicare setting, or Medical Billing/Claims Processing.
- Ability to analyze and assess facts that pertain to the case to make decisions in timely a manner.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment
- Ability to successfully execute many complex tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work as a team member as well as independently.
- Working knowledge and use of PC; MS Word and Excel software; Ability to learn new systems.
If you meet the qualifications and are interested in this position, please submit an online application, referencing the job number 212197.
Med-Scribe, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.